INTJ personality type
By Dr. Edwin van Thiel. Updated on May 20, 2022
An INTJ at a glance
Am I the INTJ type?
Are you the confident and original INTJ?Take a free Jung personality test
An INTJ is sometimes called The Architect or The Strategist and is considered an analytical type together with INTP, ENTJ and ENTP. An INTJ is a natural leader. They are confident and original thinkers, and believe strongly in themselves. They are strong individualists who seek new angles or novel ways of looking at life. In general, they are extremely capable and intelligent individuals, who strive to always do their best and continue to move in a positive direction.
Obstacles are challenges for an INTJ. They focus on their goal, creatively develop a plan and then pour all their energy into achieving their objective. Because they get so inspired and involved in what they are doing, their energy level can be awesome to behold! Of all the personality types, theirs is the most independently individualistic.
Inventive - inspired - persistent - creative - imaginative and determined. These are all descriptions that are likely to be used by people who know an INTJ well. The INTJ is one of the 16 personality types also indicated in the MBTI test (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator).
INTJ workstyle and contributions to an organization
Each personality type has diverse personality traits they bring to different workplaces. The following list gives those associated with the INTJ personality types:
- Has faith in his/her own inner vision which, coupled with sheer willpower, moves mountains.
- Is emphatically determined to accomplish goals and master new skills.
- Produces original thinking and is a high achiever.
An INTJ on a team
Working together as a team might not be a norm for some individuals, while it's helpful to some in making the right decision. Recognizing the personality type of each team member plays a key role in the achievement of the team's goal. When dealing with an INTJ personality type, the following are the ways they can contribute to the betterment of a team:
- Participates, but in his/her own reserved style.
- Asks thoughtful and searching questions.
- Systematically schedules and completes tasks on time.
INTJ leadership style
Personality type has a significant correlation and impact on every leadership style. When considering an INTJ personality type, the following highlights their leadership role and quality:
- Is forceful and decisive in leadership roles.
- Is oriented more toward tasks than relationships.
- Leads by applying potent ideas and convictions while also keeping everyone on course.
- Introverts tend to be reflective, reserved and private. A popular misconception is that introverts are shy - this is not necessarily so. They draw their energy from their own thoughts and the time they spend alone. Introverts do not need people around them all the time.
- iNtuitives pay more attention to information that is imaginative and original. iNtuitives focus on the future.
- Thinkers make decisions using logic and impersonal analysis. They think with their heads rather than their hearts.
- Judgers prefer a lifestyle that is decisive, planned and orderly. They like a life that is organized and controlled.
Jung personality types
- ISTJ personality type
- ISTP personality type
- ISFJ personality type
- ISFP personality type
- INTJ personality type
- INTP personality type
- INFJ personality type
- INFP personality type
- ESTP personality type
- ESTJ personality type
- ESFP personality type
- ESFJ personality type
- ENTJ personality type
- ENTP personality type
- ENFJ personality type
- ENFP personality type