ISTJ personality type
An ISTJ at a glance
You can choose to call the ISTJ type either The Inspector/The Examiner or The Logistician. Typical behavior is overseeing and guarding, the latter generally also found in ISFJ, ESTJ and ESFJ. An ISTJ is a no-nonsense type of person who is reserved, very responsible and dependable. They say what they mean and mean what they say. With good reason, people rely on them. ISTJs are conscientious and have traditional values. They have strong concentration skills and focus on what's necessary to achieve the task at hand. They see a job through to the end - with a great amount of commitment.
An ISTJ is not threatened by constructive criticism and stay cool when others are losing control.
Am I the ISTJ type?
Are you the no-nonsense ISTJ?Take a free Jung personality test
Although they care about the feelings of others, an ISTJ can remain utterly objective and make the tough calls when necessary.
An ISTJ is not very demonstrative and may find it difficult to be spontaneous. Their reserved nature may prevent them from broadcasting to others just how great they are! They may tend to hide their strengths and dry sense of wit. However, on other occasions, an ISTJ will surprise and amuse people with their ideas and humorous view of life. This type is one of the 16 personality types also indicated in the MBTI test (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator).
ISTJ workstyle and contributions to an organization
There are usually different workstyles and contributions of each personality type in every workplace. The following is the list of the most common workstyles and contributions of an ISTJ personality type:
- Is hard working and prefers uninterrupted privacy.
- Is thorough in everything he/she does.
- Values ceremonies, rituals and celebrations.
An ISTJ on a team
Each personality type has its approach toward teaming up. Some personality types have an optimum contribution to any task while in a team, while some don't. It's best to know the team reaction of each personality type to have a steady and significant workflow in a team. Here are the strengths and likely weaknesses an ISTJ personality type will probably bring to a team:
- Works best on a team with established rules and procedures.
- Runs meetings like clockwork - is efficient, focused, and impersonal.
- Uses dependable common sense in tackling work and assigning tasks.
ISTJ leadership style
There are different leadership style approaches based on each personality type, ranging from communication skills with others to decision-making. The following point out the vital leadership qualities of ISTJ personality types and how they play a leadership role:
- Patterns him/herself after other successful leaders.
- Works hard and efficiently to accomplish stated goals.
- Delegates once the situation is under control, with all available facts and figures.
- Introverts tend to be reflective, reserved and private. A popular misconception is that introverts are shy - this is not necessarily so. They draw their energy from their own thoughts and the time they spend alone. Introverts do not need people around them all the time.
- Sensors live in the present. They rely on facts, handle practical matters well and like things to be concrete and measurable.
- Thinkers make decisions using logic and impersonal analysis. They think with their heads rather than their hearts.
- Judgers prefer a lifestyle that is decisive, planned and orderly. They like a life that is organized and controlled.
Jung personality types
- ISTJ personality type
- ISTP personality type
- ISFJ personality type
- ISFP personality type
- INTJ personality type
- INTP personality type
- INFJ personality type
- INFP personality type
- ESTP personality type
- ESTJ personality type
- ESFP personality type
- ESFJ personality type
- ENTJ personality type
- ENTP personality type
- ENFJ personality type
- ENFP personality type